Timothy Bryon Fair, Esq. is the Founding Partner of Vermont’s first cannabis law & consulting firm, Vermont Cannabis Solutions.
Timothy Bryon Fair, Esq. is the founder of Vermont’s first cannabis law & consulting firm, Vermont Cannabis Solutions. Mr. Fair has been a vocal advocate for both cannabis and overall drug policy reform for most of his adult life. Since becoming an attorney in 2012, he has been fortunate enough to be part of the statewide movement to legalize marijuana in Vermont. Timothy has been featured on a number of podcasts and radio shows, including “The Ganjapreneur Podcast”, VPR’s “Vermont Edition”, Paris Marketing’s “Creative Warrior” podcast, as well as a weekly segment on the “In The Weeds: Prohibition Talk Radio” radio show/podcast. He has spoken on various Cannabis Law topics at seminars and events across the country and was tapped to help design and teach Vermont’s first continuing legal education course on Cannabis Business Law in Vermont.
Timothy is an active member of the International Cannabis Bar Association and has Co-Chaired the organization’s webinar series for the past year.
- Has worked hand-in-hand with Vermont’s cannabis industry since 2016, providing legal services, advice and representation to over 75 local entrepreneurs and small businesses.
- Designed and taught Vermont’s first and only Cannabis Law CLE “Marijuana Business Law in Vermont” for the past three years.
- Has conducted over a dozen jury and bench trials, including acquittals on the first two instances of D.R.E. testimony in the State of Vermont.
- 2012 J.D., Vermont Law School
- 2008 B.S., Champlain College, Burlington VT, Pre-Law
- U.S. Federal Court – District of Vermont
- International Cannabis Bar Association – CLE Committee Co-Chair
- National Lawyers Guild – Member
- Vermont Bar Association – Member
- Nominated for the New England Cannabis Community Awards “Vermont Cannabis Activist of the Year” in 2019 and 2020