Ryan Malkin focuses on serving the legal needs of the alcohol and cannabis industries. He regularly assists clients in navigating the intricacies of federal and state-by-state laws and drafting industry-specific agreements. There are few with Ryan’s cross-industry experience. Ryan has been integral in helping those in the alcohol industry understand the complexities, regulatory hurdles, and opportunities in cannabis.
Ryan’s practice, Malkin Law, is Ryan’s alcohol practice. Hoban is Ryan’s home for cannabis law. Prior to forming Malkin Law, he was an attorney at Pernod Ricard USA and a former Assistant District Attorney in Manhattan.
Ryan’s passion for the beer, wine, and spirits industry began as a journalist specializing in writing about the alcohol and hospitality industries, with articles appearing in such publications as SmartMoney, Beverage Media, Liquor.com, and Esquire.
Ryan regularly presents at industry conferences including the American Craft Distillers Association conference, the American Distilling Institute annual conference, Bar Convent Brooklyn, and Tales of the Cocktail to name a few.
- Represents Fortune 500 companies in navigating compliance across the United States.
- Represented potential buyers of an alcohol beverage brand in the buyer’s cross-industry venture.
- Advised on risks of entering the cannabis industry while holding alcohol beverage licenses/permits.
- Managed a team of lawyers in a multi-million dollar fundraiser.
JD – Brooklyn Law School; 2006
Florida, New Jersey, New York
BA – University of Michigan; 2000
- Databird – 250 Cannabis Law Experts
- Malkin Law – Top alcohol beverage law firm in South Florida
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Legal Advisor – American Craft Spirits Association
- Former Editor – Florida Bar Journal