Cátia Kossovsky has more than seventeen years of corporate transactional experience. Having worked at two AM200 law firms, in New York, and in Pittsburgh, she has vast experience in the areas of general corporate law, commercial transactions, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, private equity (including fund formation), venture capital financing, regulatory compliance, and securities filings. Additionally, Cátia also has experience with cross‐border transactions, specifically with a focus on Latin America, and has conducted corporate governance, compliance monitoring, and management of operational risk.
Cátia sits on the Board of the International Cannabis Bar Association and is the Chair of the Allegheny County (PA) Bar Association’s Medical Marijuana and Hemp Committee. She is an avid speaker and writer in cannabis law and regulation.
Relevant Transactional Experience
- Represented W. P. Carey, one of the largest owner/manager of net-leased assets (sales-leaseback) with an investment portfolio of approximately $14 billion. Represented publicly traded REIT in US $4.1 billion mergers.
- Represented Vision Capital Advisors, LLC, a hedge fund, in a joint venture with a large well-known hedge fund in the formation of a private equity fund that invests in public securities. Primarily responsible for conducting due diligence and compliance with SEC regulations, drafting the Limited Partnership Agreement (LP Agreement), and complying with USA Patriot Act requirements with respect to investors.
- Represented Grosvenor Park, a film financing company, in a joint venture with a large well-known hedge fund in the formation of a private equity fund that invested in feature films. Primarily responsible for drafting Term Sheet, Private Placement Memorandum (PPM), LP Agreement, and the formation of the subsidiary holding companies.
- Represented GKM, a large Fund of Funds in negotiating and obtaining limited partnership investments in numerous private equity funds. Responsible for reviewing numerous PPMs and LP Agreements, advised GKM on investment risks and issues, negotiated side letters.
- Represented a TCW private equity fund specializing in Latin America in numerous financial restructures of a portfolio company and the formation of a second fund.
2000 J.D., St. John’s University School of Law
B.B.A., Baruch College, Accounting
- New Jersey
- New York
- International Cannabis Bar Association – Board of Directors
- Medical Marijuana and Hemp Committee – Allegheny County (PA) Bar Association – Chair
Industry Recognition & Awards
- National Law Journal – 2019 Cannabis Law Trailblazer
- Databird – 2018 250 Cannabis Law Experts