Cathleen Rocco is a Counsel to Hoban Law Group. She provides deep experience to cannabis entrepreneurs in the pharmaceutical, agriculture and biotechnology spaces.
Cathleen has spent the last 15 years helping inventors capture patent and trademark rights, navigate intellectual property risks, craft IP strategy and build robust patent portfolios. She managed large patent estates for two global companies. Her technical experience is diverse and includes biotech, pharma (small and large molecules & biosimilars), agriculture, genomics, gene editing, cellular and molecular biology, diagnostics, and research tools.
- Developed a global IP strategy for a small pharma company targeting profound pediatric epilepsy syndromes that were lauded by Wall Street analysts, and successfully secured commercially critical patent rights that extended market exclusivity beyond the FDA regulatory exclusivity period.
- Managed Monsanto’s global patent portfolio for gene elements and GMO commodity crops with improved yield, drought tolerance, and nitrogen efficiency traits
- J.D., Golden Gate University, San Francisco, CA
- Registered Patent Attorney
- Member, California Bar Association
Undergraduate and Graduate Education
- MS, Physiology – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- BS, General Biology – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Cannabis Bar Association
- National Cannabis Industry Association
- Reading Partners – San Jose, CA