Muraresku practiced global project finance with Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy at their offices in New York and London. He later joined the Inter-American Development Bank in Washington D.C., where he structured and negotiated infrastructure and financial institution transactions across Latin America and the Caribbean. Muraresku has a robust history of pro bono assignments, including advocating for Sudanese refugees at the United Nations field office in Cairo, Egypt.
Muraresku was the founding Executive Director of Doctors for Cannabis Regulation, the country’s first and only national organization of physicians dedicated to the legalization and regulation of cannabis.
- Represented Multiverse Capital in the structuring of three venture capital funds, each dedicated to the cannabis industry, totaling $300 million.
- Represented the seller in the $140 million takeovers of Uruguay’s largest supermarket chain by Goldman Sachs.
- Represented MGM Innova Capital in several of the 28 debt and equity financings related to its $75 million Sustainable Energy Fund.
- Represented IDB in the financing and construction of the $1.2 billion Chaglla Hydroelectric Power Plant in Peru, developed by Odebrecht (462 MW). Awarded 2013 “Deal of the Year” by Trade Finance.
- Represented IDB in the financing and construction of the $600 million Eurus Wind Farm in Oaxaca, Mexico (250 MW).
- Represented the senior lenders in the $1 billion Schahin oil rig financing, the project financing of two oil rigs being built in China and chartered to Petrobras in Brazil.
- Represented Cheniere Energy and the project company in the $822 million financings and construction of the Sabine Pass LNG receiving terminal in Louisiana (United States).
- Represented the lenders in connection with a credit facility for the development of the Madden-Colón toll road in Panama.
2005 JD, Georgetown University
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Undergraduate Education
- 2002 BA, Brown University