Brandon Dorsky has over a dozen years of experience in sophisticated intellectual property transactions, with over a decade of practice within the cannabis industry. Initial work within the intellectual property litigation department of a top AM200 law firm offered valuable experience with complex patent, trade secret, trademark, and copyright matters. Brandon’s since spearheaded creative licensing transactions within the cannabis industry with top recording artists, music festivals, and content distributors and also developed successful counterfeit policing strategies for product manufacturers.
Brandon is a member of the National Cannabis Industry Association’s Packaging and Labeling Committee and also an executive member of the Cannabis Committee of the Beverly Hills Bar Association. Brandon is a regular speaker at cannabis industry events and was recently dubbed “Hollywood’s Favorite Cannabis Lawyer.”
- Represented Grenco Science, makers of the popular G-Pen® vaporizer, as general counsel and spearheaded their intellectual property strategy, including registration of intellectual property rights and negotiation of product collaborations and endorsements with Action Bronson, The Game, Snoop Dogg, Zeds Dead, Mayhem Music Festival and more.
- Represented Grassroots California and negotiated an exclusive contract with High Times for Cannabis Cup merchandising rights.
- Represented multiple brands for product placements and product integrations into television, film, and music video content, including featured usage of Roor® bongs on HBO’s popular series, Entourage.
- Successfully policed an international counterfeiting ring of Roor® products, including seizure of product in multiple countries and recovered monetary settlements.
- Advised on and helped secure the first kosher certification for a THC infused edibles, Fruit Slabs, for the California adult-use market.
- Defended AJ Sour Diesel®’s United States Trademark and settled a dispute with an international clothing brand.
- Negotiated contracts related to the production of VICE’s BONG APPETIT.
- 2008 J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law
- B.G.S., University of Michigan