Hoban Law Group has an opportunity for a senior attorney with multi-faceted corporate/securities and litigation experience with at least 5+ years of experience, ideally with at least a small portable book of business, to join a fast growing, full service law firm serving the global cannabis industry. The position will focus on all varieties of corporate and securities work, from corporate formation, corporate structuring, securities and mergers and acquisitions work, as well as litigation. The ideal candidate will have a breadth of experience across many areas of corporate and transactional law, as well as experience working in the regulated marijuana and/or hemp industries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
•Work closely with other attorneys, both within and outside of the corporate and securities
practice group on a variety of matters and projects.
• Concerning corporate and securities, such matters and projects will include, without
limitation, entity formation, including corporations, limited liability companies and
• Prepare stock purchase/subscription agreements, stockholder agreements, voting
agreements, and other ownership agreements
• Contract drafting, review, analysis, and negotiation, including supplier agreements,
vendor agreements, consulting agreements, and licensing agreements
• Assist with equity financing transactions, convertible debt transactions; and more.
• Work closely with other attorneys, both within and outside of the litigation practice
group, on a variety of matters and projects.
• Concerning litigation, such matters and projects will include, without limitation, the
ability to oversee overall case management of litigation matters with little to no direction
• Manage client relationships through the entirety of a litigation matter
• Manage the procedural aspects of cases
• Drafting and/or overseeing the drafting of various pleadings and other court filings,
including procedural and motions practice; conducting depositions; and serving as lead
counsel at trial.
• Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
• At least 4 – 6 years of post-graduate legal experience at a law firm, in-house, or a
combination, with significant experience in the practice areas listed above
• Experience working in the marijuana and/or hemp industries strongly preferred;
experience working in other highly regulated industries also desirable
• Excellent problem solving, writing, and critical thinking skills required
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and working with
minimal supervision on a variety of matters
• Must be licensed to practice law in Colorado or be eligible to become licensed
Compensation and Benefits:
● Competitive salary
● Paid time off and holiday pay
● Professional yet casual work environment
Job Type: Full time
Salary: Depending on experience
Location: Denver, Colorado